SEG April 2018 Enews Update
Spring is struggling in northern BC but spring events are popping up:
- April's Rocks ‘n Rambling will be a bit late – Friday April 20 with a special surprise and a chance to look at rocks like this one
- Then it’s Minerals North 2018 in Houston April 25- 27
- To wrap things up this spring, join us for the annual Mining Month lunch on Friday May 11. Tickets go on sale this Thursday April 5 through the Smithers Chamber of Commerce
- But first, if you’re in Vancouver get ready for the field season with AME’s Field Safety for Managers and Supervisors workshop this Friday April 6.
Rocks ‘n Rambling, Friday April 20, Smithers
SEG’s next Rocks ‘n Rambling will be Friday April 20 in Smithers at the SEG office. We will have a special treat in the Rock Room – a Virtual Reality Sand Table that we’re renting for a month. You’ll also get a chance to check out the continuing improvements in the Rock Room with its special collection of cordilleran rock suites.
- Date: Friday April 20
- Time: 4:30 to 6:30 pm
- Place: #101-3423 Fulton Avenue, Smithers BC
As usual RnR is a chance to get together to look over some rocks and exchange war stories.
Mining Month Luncheon, Friday May 11, Smithers
Smithers Exploration Group and the Smithers District Chamber of Commerce are again partners in the annual Mining Month luncheon in Smithers on Friday May 11. Since the first Smithers luncheon ten years ago, the two organizations have organized luncheons highlighting the importance of the Smithers business community to the minerals industry and the benefits the industry brings to the community.
This year’s luncheon continues that theme: Growing Mining, Growing Smithers - a panel discussion about why Smithers has become a prime location for organizations that service the minerals industry provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Date: Friday May 11, 2018
- Time: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Location: Prestige Hudson Bay Lodge, Ferguson Room, Smithers
- Price: $25
To purchase tickets, please contact the Smithers Chamber of Commerce at 250-847-5072 or e-mail email@example.com starting April 5.
Field Safety for Managers and Supervisors, Friday April 6, Vancouver
The Association for Mineral Exploration is offering two safety workshops for project managers and supervisors, one in Vancouver this coming Friday and the other on April 25 in Houston leading into Minerals North.
AME’s annual one-day workshop for project managers and supervisors will be on Friday, April 6 at SFU Wosk Centre for Dialogue, Vancouver. If you intend to register online, please do it by Tuesday April 3.
This one-day course will provide you with techniques and tools for keeping your project team safe.
You may also be interested in: AME Exploration Safety Workshop at Minerals North - Wednesday, April 25, Houston, BC - Register here.