SEG December 2019 Enews Update
Two dates to save – next Friday’s Christmas party and Rock Talk 2020 on February 19 and 20 in Smithers.
- Next Friday December 6…. Join us in Smithers for SEG’s Christmas bash.
- Plan to be at Rock Talk 2020 on February 19 and 20 in Smithers. It’s all about the rocks in SEG’s collection of Cordilleran rock suites plus project updates from northern BC.
- The new year will start with AME Roundup on January 20-23 in Vancouver and SEG will be there with a table in the concourse. Drop by to say hello and pick up a brochure for Rock Talk 2020.
- But before all the SEG events, Geoscience BC will be in Prince George this week Thursday December 5 with an open house on the Central Interior Copper-Gold Research project.
Christmas Party, Friday December 6, Smithers in the Rock Room
Please join SEG next Friday December 6 for this year’s SEG Christmas party. It will be in the Rock Room but we promise put away the rocks and drag out the Christmas tree, lights and seasonal joy. And a special thanks to Telkwa Coal for sponsoring the appies and other refreshments.
- Date: Friday December 6
- Time: 5 pm
- Place: Unit 101 3423 Fulton Ave, Smithers BC
- Cost: FREE
No ticket is required.
Rock Talk 2020, February 19 and 20, Smithers
Rock Talk 2020 is set for February 19 and 20 in Smithers with the focus squarely on rocks. SEG’s collection of Cordilleran rock suites will be front and centre on Wednesday with two educational sessions featuring the rocks of northern BC. Tom Richards and Peter Ogryzlo will tag-team the afternoon workshop. Stay tuned for details on the Wednesday morning session. Thursday’s program will focus on early stage/green fields projects in the morning and brownfields/late stage projects in the afternoon.
Count on coming to Smithers for February 19 and 20, and we’ll keep everyone up to date on the program as details are finalized.
Roundup 2020, Vancouver Convention Centre East, January 20-23
Smithers Exploration Group will have a strong presence at AME Roundup in 2020 talking about the rocks of the north. We’ll be at all the major events, plus the tables being provided to the regional groups during the week and at BC Night. Check out the publication table in the registration area for your new copy of the SEG directory and visit us on Tuesday and Wednesday at the table in the concourse.
Geoscience BC Central Interior Copper Gold Research Open House, Prince George, December 5
Before attending all the SEG events, join Geoscience BC in Prince George for an open house to announce and discuss the Central Interior Copper-Gold Research minerals research series this coming Thursday. Central Interior Copper-Gold Research (CICGR) will be a major, multi-year research series that will help identify potential mineral deposits buried under till in an area of British Columbia’s central interior between the Mount Milligan and Mount Polley mines.
At the open house, introductions and a short presentation about the CICGR series will be followed by an open discussion about current and future planned CICGR projects.
- When: Thursday, December 5
- Where: House of Ancestors "Uda Dune Baiyoh" Conference Centre, 355 Vancouver Street, Prince George
- Who: Open to anyone and free to attend
Drinks and snacks will be provided.
Please RSVP here