SEG November 2018 Enews Update
How quickly time passes….It’s time to get your Christmas party sked finalized and then it’s on to Roundup and Rock Talk. But first, it’s a final call to include your business information in the 2019 SEG directory.
- The deadline for paid ads or free listing in the 2019 SEG directory has been extended to November 30. Check out the directory at http://smithersexplorationgroup.com/directory/
- The annual SEG Christmas party will be Friday December 7 at the SEG Rock Room starting at 5 pm
- SEG will be at Roundup 2019 January 28-31 distributing the directory and promoting the Rock Room and Rock Talk at the SEG regional table and BC Night.
- Rock Talk 2019 will feature an extraordinary exploration case study of how GT Gold got to its Tatogga hole TTD093 with Don MacIntyre and JoAnne Nelson laying the groundwork (no pun intended) and GT Gold VP Exploration Charlie Greig drilling down with details. Plus a lightning round of other NW projects. We are aiming for February 20/21 in Smithers but that is TBC.
Welcome to anyone who is new to the Smithers Exploration Group newsletter or welcome back if we dropped out of your inbox for a bit. SEG has updated its contact list, so that explains our renewed presence in your inbox. We hope to keep this distribution list up-to-date, so please keep us informed if your email address is going to change. Just drop a note to email@example.com . If you know someone who would be interested in receiving SEG information, please let us know. We’ll check to see if they want to be on the receiving end of our news blasts.
Christmas Party Friday December 7
We had so much fun at last year’s SEG Christmas party that we’re inviting you to join us for this year’s shindig. It will be in the Rock Room but we promise to put away the rocks and drag out the Christmas tree, lights and seasonal joy.
- Date: Friday December 7
- Time: 5 pm
- Place: Unit 101 3423 Fulton Ave, Smithers BC
- Cost: FREE
No ticket is required but maybe drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you plan to attend. There’s the added bonus of seeing what we have to offer to the exploration industry in northern BC.
Roundup 2019 Vancouver Convention Centre East January 28-31
Smithers Exploration Group will have a strong presence at AME Roundup in 2019. We’ll be at all the major events, plus the tables being provided to the regional groups during the week and at BC Night. Check out the publication table in the registration area for your new copy of the SEG directory.
Rock Talk 2019 February date TBC Smithers
There were some great exploration stories out of northwest BC this summer and our annual Rock Talk in February will focus on their results. Leading the list will be what we expect to be an electrifying exploration case study of GT Gold’s Tatogga hole TTD093. The specifics on how GT Gold made its way to that discovery will be preceded by an overview of the regional setting by Don MacIntyre, followed by JoAnne Nelson taking the case study to the regional level in the Golden Triangle. Charlie Greig , VP Exploration with GT Gold, will then lead us to TTD093. Expect rocks, core and maps, as an added bonus.
We’re still confirming the dates for Rock Talk 2019 but we are aiming for February 20/21. Once the dates are confirmed, we’ll make sure everyone knows. If you’re interested in sharing your exploration story, please drop a note to email@example.com and it will get passed along to the program committee.