SEG March 2019 Enews Update
Rock Talk 2019 was a lot of fun as you can see in this unique overhead perspective from the Rock Room reception, and now it’s onto to the rest of the lineup – PDAC, KEG, Minerals North and Mining Month. But first – SEG’s re-scheduled annual general meeting and a Regional Geologist for the Northwest.
- SEG had to postpone its annual general meeting scheduled during Rock Talk. The new date is Wednesday March 13 from 4:3 to 5:00 at the SEG Rock Room #101 – 3423 Fulton Ave, Smithers BC
- Northwest Regional Geologist position – watch for a posting in mid-March.
- Rock Talk 2019 on February 20 and 21 in Smithers attracted a record attendance, thanks to a stellar lineup of presenters.
- Remember KEG is April 9 and 10 in Kamloops and Minerals North is May 22-24 in Chetwynd.
- Save the Date…..Friday May 10th is Mining Month luncheon in Smithers.
Please keep us informed if your email address is going to change. Just drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you know someone who would be interested in receiving SEG information, please let us know. We’ll check to see if they want to be on the receiving end of our news blasts.
Smithers Exploration Group Annual General Meeting, Wednesday March 13, Smithers
SEG had to postpone its annual general meeting scheduled during Rock Talk. The new date is Wednesday March 13 from 4:30 to 5:00 pm. The agenda will include election of the new board of directors, minutes from the 2018 agm and 2018 financial statements.
- Event: Annual General Meeting
- Date: Wednesday March 13
- Time: 4:30 to 5:00 pm
- Location: SEG Rock Room 101 – 3423 Fulton Ave, Smithers BC
Any SEG member is invited to attend.
Northwest Regional Geologist posting, mid-March
The Northwest is getting a regional geologist based in Smithers, after two years without anyone in the position. The Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources (MEMPR) will post the position in mid-March, so keep your eye out for the posting. Smithers Exploration Group will distribute the posting, in addition it being available on the usual government channels. The position was included in the province’s recent additional allocation of $20 million over three years to MEMPR.
Rock Talk 2019 a success
Thanks to everyone who helped make Rock Talk a success – excellent presenters, almost 100 delegates, local sponsors and a tireless Rock Talk committee. Special thanks to JoAnne Nelson who put together a program that set a new standard for Rock Talk. It was all about the rock stars from the SEG collection of Cordilleran rock suites. Featured workshop speakers Don MacIntyre, Tom Richards, JoAnne herself and Charlie Greig were followed by updates from projects across the north.
Here’s what people said:
- It’s great to have a conference that is all about rocks – no trade show, no investment forum – just rocks.
- This year’s Rock Talk proved the value of SEG’s Cordilleran rock suites collection.
- The rocks should be used by everyone training the next generation of geologists and prospectors.
The rock suites got even more star treatment by Andy Randell and his crew from Strategeodata/ Hive and their 3D camera. Watch for the animated versions SEG rocks online in the coming months. For ongoing information on what we offer in the collection of Cordilleran rocks suites and the Rock Room, call 250-877-7883 or email Anastasia Ledwon at email@example.com. She can answer all questions about the Rock Room or the donation requirements for samples.
SEG appreciates the incredible support it has received for Rock Talk from the following local sponsors:
COAST MOUNTAIN GM
EXTREME SIGNS AND STRIPES
JADE FIRST AID & SAFETY
MATRIX CAMPS, LOGISTICS & AVIATION
MUDMAN ENVIRONMENTAL & LOGISTICS
NORTHWEST TRUCK RENTALS
POLAR RIDGE RESOURCES
P&R EXPLORATION SERVICES
RANDY’S IMAGE DESIGN
SMITHERS LUMBER YARD
REVOLUTION DIAMOND DRILLING
TREELINE WOOD PRODUCTS LTD.
Mining Month Luncheon Friday May 10 Smithers
With Rock Talk over and then PDAC and KEG, it will time to turn our thoughts to the Merry Mining Month of May across the province. In Smithers, the Smithers District Chamber of Commerce will team up with Smithers Exploration Group for a luncheon Friday May 10th at the Prestige Hudson Bay Lodge. Watch for details on the program and tickets in your inbox by early April.