SEG November 2017 Enews Update
The fall was busy for SEG with our work to help promote the minerals industry in northern BC....Our Outreach administrator and geologist Lorie Farrell spent two days at a regional business forum in Burns Lake in September. This historic mining display was a hit.
- Rocks ‘n Rambling this month will be a special treat – a barbeque at the home of Bill and Tracy McIntyre on Friday November 24.
- You only have a little over a week to arrange for your ad or free listing in the 2018 Smithers Exploration Group directory – the deadline is November 10.
- The annual SEG Christmas party will be Friday December 8 and we’re kicking up our heels in our new office space.
- Get out your 2018 calendar and mark AME’s Roundup January 22-25 where SEG will have a strong presence with our directory and northwest projects on display.
- It’s also time to plan for SEG’s Rock Talk in Smithers on February 14 and 15, 2018. We’ll highlight our restored Northern Cordilleran Collection of Rock Suites with a workshop presented by former Northwest regional geologist Paul Wojdak.
Rocks ‘n Rambling, Friday November 24, Smithers
SEG’s next Rocks ‘n Rambling will be later in the month on Friday November 24 at 4:30 at Bill and Tracy McIntyre’s place in Smithers.
- Date: Friday November 24
- Time: 4:30 to 6:30 pm
- Place: 1320 Sunnypoint Drive Smithers, BC
As usual RnR is a chance to get together to look over some rocks and exchange war stories.
Smithers Exploration Group Directory Ads & Listing, deadline November 10
Smithers Exploration Group’s directory is one of the best methods of spreading the word about your services to the mineral exploration industry. SEG’s directory will be a hot ticket item at Roundup 2018 in Vancouver and any other gathering of industry people. It is also published online at the SEG website.
If you want to take advantage of a free listing or purchase an ad in the 2018 directory, please contact Elaine Konschuh at firstname.lastname@example.org Click here for the price list for paid advertising . The deadline for a free listing or a paid ad is November 10.
SEG Christmas Party, Friday December 8, Smithers
This year SEG has something pretty special to celebrate at our annual Christmas party. We have moved into new digs right next door to our old ones on Fulton. But this is a much classier office and it can accommodate our newly restored Northern Cordilleran Collection of Rock Suites. Former regional geologist Paul Wojdak has been sorting, cataloguing and labeling the hundreds of rock samples that make up an impressive collection that is representative of deposits and rock types across British Columbia with a particular focus on northwest BC. It’s an important resource for the development of expertise on the geology of northern BC. Now it’s now going to be housed in an easily accessible, brightly-lit room at the back of the SEG office at #101 3423 Fulton Ave beside our old office in Smithers. Paul is preparing its debut for Rock Talk 2018.
However we’re so proud of it that we’re putting on our Christmas party smack in the middle of it.
- Date: Friday December 8
- Time: 5 pm
- Place: Unit 101 3423 Fulton Ave, Smithers BC
No ticket is required for the Christmas party but maybe drop a line to email@example.com to let us know if you plan to attend. Join us to see what we have to offer to the exploration industry in northern BC.
Roundup 2018, January 22-25, West Building at Vancouver Convention Centre
SEG will promote northwest BC as the province’s premier location for exploring and investing in the BC minerals industry during Roundup 2018. We will have several locations where you can pick up a directory; check out northwest prospectors; and get the low-down on what SEG is doing to ensure exploration success in the northwest.
- 2018 directories: will be available at the publication table near registration, at the SEG regional table outside the trade show and at the SEG table in the Prospectors’ Tent.
- Prospectors’ Tent: SEG will have a table featuring several northwest prospectors and their available properties.
- Regional Table: SEG will staff a regional table just outside the trade show area where you can enter a draw for a trip to our September golf tournament, learn about the Northern Cordilleran Collection of Rock Suites, get a directory and check out our Outreach work to schools and local communities….one-stop shopping.
Rock Talk 2018, February 14 and 15, Smithers
Rock Talk 2018 in Smithers will feature a half-day workshop on the Northern Cordilleran Collection of Rock Suites as well as our usual review of northern BC projects. Planning is underway for the 2018 gathering but we want you to have an early chance to pencil us in for your 2018 schedule – February 14 for the half-day rock suite workshop and February 15 for project updates.